In the Editorial, Francesca Manes Rossi and Sandra Cohen give an interesting update on integrated reporting. They explain that integrated reporting is a result of integrated thinking within an organization. This means that some changes should occur in the way in which strategies are designed and translated into actions, basically involving all the different areas in the value creation process. The authors call for participation in the debate on integrated reporting by public sector accounting scholars.
On page 2, the project DiEPSAm (Developing and implementing European Public Sector Accounting modules) is introduced. This project is a cooperation between five European universities and aims to develop an academic course for Bachelor's or Master's degree programs that concentrates on European Public Sector Accounting.
Conferences and related calls for papers are announced on page 3. Information is given about:
- the 9th Accounting History International Conference (Verona, Italy, 6-8 September 2017);
- the 5th biennial international conference of the Global Accounting and Organizational Change (GAOC) Research network (Melbourne, 26-28 November 2017);
- the annual EGPA Annual Conference (Milan, Italy, 30 August to 1 September 2017) and the track of the PSG XII.
On page 3 we also remind you about the CFP for our 16th Biennial CIGAR Conference (CIGAR Network 30th Anniversary):
Future avenues for Public Sector Accounting: engaging research, practice and use to be held in Porto, Portugal, 8-9 June, 2017, and for the PhD seminar (7 June 2017).
Page 4 provides the calls for two publications:
- a special forum of Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal on "Accounting and Accountability changes in Knowledge Intensive Public Organisations" (deadline for full papers 30 June 2017);
- the book Modernization and Accountability in Public Sector Management for which you can send in a proposal for a chapter. Please note that the deadline is rather close: 30 January.