Call for papers – 4th CIGAR Annual Issue of Public Money & Management
Scholars and practitioners who have a significant interest in CIGAR’s research agenda are invited to submit papers for consideration of publication in the 4th CIGAR Annual Issue of Public Money & Management.
The CIGAR Annual Issue is not tied to a particular theme – its aim is to present relevant empirical and theoretical research in public sector accounting, and to showcase CIGAR’s valuable papers in order to increase their contribution to practice and to academia. Examples of current research themes, all related to the public sector, include:
• developments in accounting and auditing;
• standard setting;
• management accounting and performance measurement;
• improving reporting systems for citizens and other stakeholders through, for example, popular reporting, integrated reporting, and sustainability reporting;
• the impact of digital transformation on the control and accountability of public sector entities; international harmonisation and the role of international (or regional) standards;
• and the role of public sector entities and financial reporting systems in promoting plans and action for the achievement of the UN’s SDGs.
Debates and New Development articles are also welcome. Papers for consideration should be submitted by 31 October 2023 through PMM’s electronic submission system at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/rpmm, selecting “CIGAR ANNUAL PMM ISSUE”. The foreseen publication date is October 2024, vol. 44(7).